1. United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) Project "Distance model of employment of vulnerable youth in Tajikistan"
- Starting in 2020 and is long-term
Employment of vulnerable adolescents and young people outside of education, employment and training, empowering young people by creating new jobs using global best practices, modern technologies and the virtual digital economy.
2. Mercy Corps Project in the Republic of Tajikistan “Preparing Youth for the Future: Introducing New Professional and Educational Skills in Tajikistan (INVEST)
-December 2019, June 2022, Rasht and Tojikobod districts of Dushanbe city. Vahdat - 3 jamoats, Norak, Yovon, A.Jomi
Preparing young people aged 19-35 for education and professional skills in order to facilitate the transition from school to work and improve the opportunities available to young people and improve youth employment opportunities, and make informed decisions about their future.
3. IOM project "Tajikistan: the concept of integration of migration, gender, climate change and agriculture"
-2019- 2021 Shahritus District Due to pandemic conditions extended until the end of 2022
Adapting and raising the capacity and knowledge of government agencies and NGOs to address gender migration issues, climate change and agriculture in Tajikistan through research on migration integration
4. IOM project "Expanding the opportunities of abandoned families for better results than migration"
- Started in August 2021 in the city of Kulob and Dusti district of Khatlon region
The project aims to improve the well-being of the families of abandoned migrant workers, increase their economic sustainability, remove gender barriers, and protect the rights of women and children left behind by migrant workers.
5. ADB Project "Improving Professional Skills and Employment Opportunities"
- January 2021-September 2026
The main activities of the project are to provide comprehensive and targeted support for migration, expand access to public services in the field of employment and increase their importance, strengthen the planning and management of services in the field of migration and employment.
The main goal of the project is to expand effective employment in accordance with the National Development Strategy of the Republic of Tajikistan for the period up to 2030, and the end result of the project is to improve professional skills and employment opportunities for youth, women and migrant workers in the domestic and foreign labor markets.
6. World Bank Project “Enhancing Social and Economic Sustainability”, Part 1 “Inclusive Local Development Initiatives” Subsection 1C “Renovation of Youth Facilities”
-July 2020 - July 2025
The main goal of the project is to promote the active participation of the population in local self-government to improve the quality of local infrastructure in target communities, expand the range of opportunities and resources for youth living in target cities and districts of Khatlon and GBAO.
The project consists of three parts and under subsection 1C, repair, construction and equipping of 12 educational institutions of the ministry system in the target districts (Kulob city, Hamadoni, Farkhor, Panj districts of Khatlon region, Khorog city, Vanj, Shugnan, Ishkashim districts
and the Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Region. The Ministry of Labor, Migration and Employment of the Republic of Tajikistan
7. ICMPD Regional Project “Strengthening Migration Management in the Silk Road Countries for 2017-2020”
- August 2020 - March 2022
Implementation of the regional project began in August 2017 in Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Central Asia.
The goal is to establish the Migrant Recourse Center in Dushanbe on September 25, 2020 in the framework of the Memorandum of Understanding between the International Center for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) and the Ministry of Labor, Migration and Employment of the Republic of Tajikistan.
One of the institutions of the ministry will be established without the status of a legal entity, and all funding, including repairs and renovations of buildings, equipment, salaries and other necessary supplies will be provided by ICMPD.
8. GIZ project "Improving employment and profitability of labor migrants in Tajikistan"
- June 2021 - June 2023
The purpose of the project is to improve the situation of returning labor migrants and their employment, and its implementation will be implemented in Dushanbe, cities and districts of the republican subordination and Sughd and Khatlon regions.
9.UNDP Regional Project "Assistance in mitigating the economic impact of COVID-19 by improving well-being, employment opportunities and regional cooperation in the Fergana Valley"
- January 2021 - June 2023
The aim of the project is to strengthen the well-being of the unemployed, including vulnerable men and women, youth, returnees and the resilience of the population by reducing the impact of COVID-19 and strengthening social cohesion in the border areas of the Fergana Valley.
10. EBRD Project “Rehabilitation of Obi Garm-Nurobod Highway”
The project is being implemented in the framework of the Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministries of Transport, Labor, Migration and Employment and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development on Gender Equality and Strengthening Women's Economic Capacity in Transport from 8 November 2019.
One of the main objectives of the project is to ensure gender equality in transport and labor legislation, support women in accessing vocational education, employment and entrepreneurship in the field of transport.
The project has three goals:
1. Enhancing women's economic capacity - expanding access to local economic opportunities that have little or no access;
2. Inclusive Procurement Promotion: The project includes a set of procurement programs to promote equal employment opportunities and gender equality in road construction and maintenance;
3. Establishment of an integrated transport system: the project includes the design and implementation of an inclusive transport strategy, integrating gender equality and inclusive socio-economic aspects in transport, policy and investment operations.
The Ministry will also use the human resources and material and technical base of primary vocational education institutions, adult training centers and agencies of the Agency for Labor and Employment on the Obi Garm-Nurobod highway (Vahdat, Rogun, Faizobod and Nurobod districts) to train women.
providing them with jobs will facilitate the implementation of this project.
11.UNICEF Project “Professional Guide and Youth Portal Establishment”
- This project is based on the Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Labor, Migration and Employment of the Republic of Tajikistan and the NGO "TajRupt" was launched on January 25, 2022.
The purpose of the project is cooperation in the development of employment, vocational training, career choice with the use of artificial intelligence and information technology, development of competencies of students and staff in the field of information technology and artificial intelligence, and includes the following areas:
- Organization of events, consultations, seminars and trainings to improve the skills of staff of the central office and relevant structures of the Ministry in the field of artificial intelligence technologies and cooperation in the development of educational materials using artificial intelligence;
- Conducting consultations, seminars, trainings and other events with professionals of educational institutions of the Ministry in order to test and introduce products of artificial intelligence in the field of vocational education, career choice, labor market, employment and migration;
- Carrying out activities for testing, training and introduction of educational materials in the field of professional guidance on the use of information technology and artificial intelligence.
-- The objective of the project is to support the Government of Tajikistan in protecting poor and vulnerable households from shocks, promoting economic inclusion and improving social protection systems.