Provision of Technical Assistance to the Government of Tajikistan in support to improved quality of education in the areas of secondary education and Initial Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET)
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the development of a modern education system, able to prepare informed and qualified citizens who are ready for the “world of work” and who can contribute to greater political stability, economic prosperity and social well-being in Tajikistan.
The purpose of this project is to support the development of a modern and viable Continuous Professional Development (CPD) system for TVET teachers of practical subjects’, which better responds to teachers’ needs and builds on successful national and regional experiences.
The project implementing methodology is designed to achieve the following main results:
- Result 1: The Government establishes and embeds a Regulatory Framework defining the roles and responsibilities of the different Ministries and their departments that are responsible for the development and management of the initial TVET sector.
- Result 2: A Competency Framework and a Staff Appraisal System for initial TVET teaching and management staff is developed and implemented.
- Result 3: Capacity of the key In-service teacher training providers is strengthened in order to deliver effective pedagogy and practical skills updating to initial TVET teaching and school management staff.
- Result 4: Collaboration measures are established with the Business community to support the upskilling of initial TVET staff (management and teachers of practical subjects).
- Result 5: The overall capacity of MoLME to develop and manage the initial TVET sector is enhanced.
The Government of the Republic of Tajikistan views initial TVET as a priority in the field of education, which provides the national economy with qualified specialists and significantly contributes to the development of socio-economic and cultural life of the country. One of the main factors for sustainable development of the VET system is the quality of knowledge and skills of engineering staff and teachers in the system. In this con-text, the development and implementation of specific programmes to strengthen the human capacity of the TVET system – from managers to teachers, masters and in-company trainers – is urgently required.
This project is funded by the EU, as a part of the Quality Education Support Programme I (QESP) implementation in Tajikistan. The programme is designed with the aim of addressing selected national priorities from the National Strategy for Education Development (NSED) of the Republic of Tajikistan until 2020 and the Education Action Plan 2015-2017. The specific objective of the programme is to support efficient and effective education service delivery at secondary and initial TVET levels in order to improve learning outcomes.
Capacity building is the most relevant issue to be addressed in the project implementation. Capacity building is tailored to four different levels relevant to the defined target groups – individual, institutional, network and societal levels, all of which are strongly interrelated.